Cleaning a fabric sofa without water is an easier task than you think. Regular cleaning and maintenance bring back the freshness and appearance of your premises. Whether you are a residential or commercial property owner, you should consult a Couch Cleaning Canberra expert for personalized guidance. In this post, you will learn five methods of cleaning your fabric sofa effectively without water.
Why Should You Clean Your Fabric Sofa?
Before diving into the cleaning methods, it is important to discuss why you should clean the fabric sofa. Do you know your sofas, couches, and upholsteries accumulate dust and dirt over time? It makes the furniture look unattractive. Besides that, such issues often leave stains and dark spots on the surface. It triggers asthma, skin irritations and other health issues, so it is essential to consult an expert for professional Upholstery Cleaning Canberra to maintain good health, appearance and prevent stains, spills.
Method 1: Vacuuming the Couches
Vacuuming is one of the easiest and most effective ways to clean your fabric sofa without water. A vacuum cleaner removes dirt, dust, and soil from your sofa, making it look clean and fresh. Here is a step-by-step process:
- Remove any cushions and pillows from your sofa and set them aside.
- Use an upholstery attachment with your vacuum cleaner to remove dust even from tough areas such as the backside of the furniture, crevices and seams.
- Now, vacuum the cushions and pillows thoroughly, making sure to remove any dirt and dust.
- After that, clean the upholstery attachment to remove dust that may have accumulated on the surface.
Method 2: Baking Soda for Upholstery Cleaning Canberra
Baking soda is a natural cleaning agent that effectively removes dirt and stains from your fabric sofa without water. It is more effective against foul smells. Here is the process:
- Sprinkle baking soda on the surface of your sofa.
- Use a brush or a clean cloth to spread the baking soda over the surface.
- Now, let the baking soda stay on your sofa for a few hours. It absorbs any dirt and stains.
- Now vacuum the area to remove baking soda.
Note: You can also prepare a paste using baking soda and water like the following method.
Method 3: Vinegar as Natural Cleaning Agent
Vinegar is another popular natural cleaning agent that effectively removes stains and odours from your fabric sofa without water. Here is the step-by-step process:
- Mix white vinegar and water in a bowl. You should not use too much water. Please remember that you need to make a paste, not a cleaning solution.
- Now apply the paste to the stained area of your sofa.
- Let the paste stay on your sofa for at least 15 minutes.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth to blot the surface of your sofa and remove excess paste and dirt.
- Yes, there can be moisture; just switch on the fans and blowers. The surface will dry within 30 minutes.
Note: It does not use direct water on the couch surface, so it is included in the list. You should prepare the paste carefully. Please apply the paste on a hidden area to check the effectiveness. If you are satisfied with the outcome, apply the paste to the stained areas.
Method 4: Steam Sofa Cleaning Canberra
Steam cleaning is a popular and eco-friendly method of Couch Cleaning Canberra. Do you know the best part? It does not use direct water on the surface. It uses high-pressure steam (vapour of hot water) to break down dirt, stains, and germs, leaving your sofa clean and fresh. Here is the process in simple words:
- Preheat your steam cleaner according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Start cleaning your sofa from the top.
- Make sure to cover every part of the sofa, including the cushions and pillows.
- Pay special attention to areas with stains or spills.
- Let your sofa air dry.
Note: Set the temperature properly. Otherwise, it may lead to discolouration and fading.
Method 5: Dry Cleaning Solvent
Dry cleaning solvent is another popular alternative to home remedies. Indeed, it is a liquid, but it dissolves dirt and stains without damaging the fabric. Moreover, you will not face dampness or mould growth. Here is the process for applying dry cleaning solvent:
- Before using the dry cleaning solvent on your sofa, test it on a small, hidden area to make sure it does not damage the fabric.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth to apply the dry cleaning solvent to the stained area.
- Make sure to apply the solvent evenly to avoid excess moisture.
- Use a clean cloth to blot the surface of your sofa and remove excess solvent and dirt.
- Now let your sofa air dry for a few hours before use.
Call an Expert for the Best Fabric Sofa Cleaning Canberra
Are you looking for an eco-friendly and reliable alternative to such home remedies? At Crystal Couch Cleaning, we have certified experts to consider all your needs and offer high-quality Couch Cleaning in Canberra. Whether you are a residential or commercial property owner, we offer the lowest package to fulfil all your needs. Please feel free to visit our service page and call us for a free inspection. You can schedule an appointment at your convenient time even on weekends and public holidays.